PS 59 Community Rallies for Better Tests!
April 11th, 2014
In concert with most of the other District 2 Elementary Schools, PS 59 teachers, staff, parents and students rallied outside of school Friday morning.
We were joined by NYS Assemblyman Dan Quart to share concerns regarding this year's NY State English Language Arts exams to fairly and accurately test our students knowledge and ability.
Feelings ran high, but familes and staff participated with thoughtfulness, humor and eloquence (see the signs?) thanks to the leadership of Principal Adele Schroeter.
(click on RALLY 2014 folder at top left for letters, articles and more pictures!)
You're invited to...
THE MAHALO BENEFIT
MAY 19th at 7pm
The PS59 Annual Benefit
Join us for open bar, lite bites, silent auction, live auction,
beautiful class projects and teacher treats,
raffles and lots of luau fun!
Attire: Hawaiian Chic
Location: Lighthouse International
111 East 59th Street
Tickets available from the PTA
Donate items and bid online
For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTERING YOUR CHILD FOR KINDERGARTEN NEXT FALL?
Do you have a child born in 2009?
Do you live in our (newly redistricted) neighborhood zone?
(You can check your address at schools.nyc.gov.)
IF SO, PLEASE COME ON A TOUR OF OUR SCHOOL ON JANUARY 15th or 22nd.
Call to RSVP: 212.888.7870.
As tour space is limited, we request proof of address when you come on tour.
If you live out of zone, we will put you on our RSVP waiting list.
NEW TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND REGISTERING NOW?
please call 212 888 7870 to make an appointment
Documentation required for registration include:
- Child's original birth certificate or passport
- Child's immunizations to date
- Two proofs of address from the following
1. A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident's name issued by Con Edison, or maintenance;
2. Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or city government agency;
3. An original lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement;
4. A current property tax bill;
5. A water bill for the property;
6. Official payroll documentation, pay stub or W-2.
Please call Parent Coordinator Kathleen King at 212.888.7870 for more information.